Thursday, January 7, 2010

With all the different perfumes on the market - how would you choose one that's right for you?

I've given up and don't wear any - I find a body creme or lotion is best for me.With all the different perfumes on the market - how would you choose one that's right for you?
I spritz a very small sample on my wrist and check it after a period of time. The first ';note'; is often more alcohol, the 2nd note tends to be a better idea of how it is reacting with my chemicals.





This saved me from an almost impulse buy once. The first note was great but after about an hour it was awful.With all the different perfumes on the market - how would you choose one that's right for you?
Try going to this website that i search for you. I think it will solve your problem.


http://www.perfume.netspace-gold.com/ Report Abuse

i prefer White Diamonds myself. But you just have to pick something that is right for you. Try something simple like Love's baby soft it has a very mild smell to it. otherwords not to strong.
Which ever smells the best, or try taking a friend along, so that you can have a second opinion. Also you don't need too have just one perfume.
Choosing a great perfume takes some experimentation and research.





Research your personal taste in fragrance. Do you like to smell lemons, vanilla, roses, musk?





Ask the woman wearing the intriguing scent of freesia what her perfume is called.





Think of fragrances the same way you think of music: top, middle and base notes. Note that a top note is what you smell first; citrus and light spices are the first smells to evaporate.





Focus on your favorite smells and take that knowledge to the fragrance counter, where a skillful salesperson will lead you in the right direction. Clean linens, tea, grapefruit, citronella candles, vanilla beans, or even rainwater will be hints.





Apply a scent and wait 10 minutes. Remember to spray on pulse points, where skin is warmest, for best diffusion of scent.


Sniff the test spot again. Still like it? Chances are you'll like it tomorrow, but keep in mind that as the top and middle notes evaporate, you're left with the heaviest oils.





Some women like a cleaner, citrusy smell for casual wear, and a muskier fragrance for special occasions.





Remember that the less you expose the perfume or cologne to the air, the longer it will last.





Navigate through your choices. In order of highest to lowest concentration of oils, and therefore most to least expensive: perfume, eau de parfum, eau de toilette, eau de cologne and body splash.





My favorite casual perfumes are Ralph Lauren Polo and Clinique Happy Heart. When its a evening out I will wear Victorias Secret Dream Angel in Halo. On special occasions I tend to prefer to Pink.
you go smell them all!
I don't really fancy perfume.. I like Victoria Secrets Body Sprays instead or creams and lotions since it has a less intense aroma.. But I do enjoy an occasional spritz of Ralph Lauren Romance.. How do I choose? I go around the department stores and let them hand me free samples.. whatever smells the best.. at least they're free so if it stinks.. it's just my nose that's disappointed.. I'm not into names.. I mean they could name it ';Gorgeous'; and could smell like day old dog crap.. so names are never a good way to go..
i love perfume and i just take my time and try different ones at my fav dept store,but i'm a big fan of Bath%26amp;Body Works ,too
  • girl myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment